View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
HanoverStriper
New Guy

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
If you are not planning on keeping the catch, there are quite a few waterways in eastern MA that hold some bruiser carp.
Sudbury, Concord and Charles rivers all have numerous carp areas.
There are also a few ponds that have them as well (real carp and not released goldfish)
Heard Pond (Wayland) and Spy Pond (Arlington) are 2 that I know have them (as well as other desireable species).

The river carp that I've seen tend to outgrow the pond cousins by quite a large margin.
Nothing is quite as enlightening as seeing a 30+ lb carp bolt when you spook it. Heck, I've even had one ram my kayak while night fishing once.
I haven't targeted them, but I know they are proverbial freight trains when hooked.

Heck, I may have to give them a shot next year!
I will echo what Tim said. I have caught some very nice carp in the Sudbury, Charles, and Concord, as well as Heard Pond. I assume the Heard Pond carp come in through the Sudbury River on the backside. Closer to home for you, I have also seen them in the Indian Head river.

Adding to this, there are some nice carp in the Assabet River, and a very accessible pond in Maynard.
HanoverStriper is offline   Reply With Quote