View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 07:07 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i admit laws were changed. i don’t admit they were changed in a way that suppresses blacks. if you have evidence it does, just show me the evidence.

a NY court said the state democrats illegally gerrymandered. how come you can’t utter a syllable about that?

love to see that explanation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
its odd Jim clearly you have no concept

NY and Maryland court strikes down congressional map as illegal Democratic gerrymander

Both blue states with laws and judges who follow the law in this regard

red states doesn't have these checks and balances

Florida Senate Passes Congressional Map Giving G.O.P. a Big Edge

Gerrymanders, Part 1: Busting the both-sides-do-it myth

what's the saying numbers don't lie

Gerrymanders, Part 2: How many voters were disenfranchised?
https://election.princeton.edu/2012/...es-do-it-myth/

In the seven Republican-controlled states, the total votes cast were 16.22 million (50.8%) for Republicans, 15.68 million (49.2%) for Democrats for a 74 R, 32 D outcome. The simulations indicate that this seat split would normally only require 11.7 million Democratic votes. In other words, 4 million Democratic voters in seven states were disenfranchised.

Therefore the disenfranchisement due to partisan-controlled redistricting was a total of 4.4 million voters from both parties. Democrats were disenfranchised more than Republicans, at a ratio of 10:1.

But again in your world gerrymandering is just gerrymandering

I guess this image is an acceptable version of Gerrymandering where the majority loses over the minority because the rigged the map and its an old map i am sure republicans have done worst... they dont gain seats by gaining more votes they just put their competition is one Box and then suggest elections have consequences

the Dems are just trying to catch up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wisconsin-1145x700.png
Views:	60
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	68919