View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM   #54
Flaptail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
The bible(the word of God) holds no real meaning? Without getting to deep I think that a silly think to say, I mean people whether 2000 yrs ago, today or or 2000 years from now need the bible to know the truth.
You are mis-guided brother Goose, look inside yourself and the answer is there. Truth is not really in that book, guiding principles in some ways maybe but the real truth is so simple and the facts of the history of the church so clouded, the bible is an instrument of control, always has been and has been re-writen so many times by people who time has proved to be corrupt and dis-ingenuous it cannot be, by practical men who are strong enough in thier conviction to say so, believed to be anything other than part fable, part instrument of control and somewhere deep inside it, the real message may lay, the simple message of a good life of caring, understanding and respect.

I watch the tv shows, and there are many and I see men and women on alters preaching to thousands. Men and women whose words are like an anesthisia and hypnosis, masters of spin and sway, adorned in the best clothes and jewelry emploring and demanding absolute obedience to God and contributions to "his" cause to be "annointed in Christ", it's all a sham for the weak and eventually all those faithfull born again Christians will meet their maker and realize the corruption that fooled them into being something other than what was truly the most important thing.The root cause of our world troubles today would be better off without these people and organized religion as a whole.

The message is so simple it cannot be grasped as such by you and your kind, I find that so fascinating.
God's experiment gone awry.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote