Thread: crickets...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #39
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hey (not to hijack the thread) I was wondering what you thought of girls into the Boy Scouts...I work with a guy who is very conservative, and he is a local scout leader, his two boys are both close to Eagle Scout. He's fine with it. He said den meetings and overnight trips will be unisex, and his take was that if the Girl Scouts don't want to change to accommodate parents who want girls to do more than sell cookies, better that the girls learn the good values with the Boy Scouts, then not be exposed to those positive values. I have 3 in cub scouts this year, all having a good time. My wife is getting really involved, she loves it, she is the den leader for the first graders.
I think its idiotic. The BSA already had a coed program called Ventures. They do the same things as the Boy Scouts plus a few more things that the Boy Scouts can't do (i.e. shoot hand guns, snow mobiles).

This was just caving to pressure because people get all butt-hurt over the word "Boy"

Even the Girl Scouts were upset about it. Girl Scouts can do all the things boy scouts can do if they want. I personally know a GS leader that takes her girls Hiking and Camping.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."