View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #126
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I wasn't ignoring the meaning of the word. It is categorically irrelevant. Whether they came here legally or not, it is scapegoating.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No - whether they came here legally or not is the law. I would be up for increasing LEGAL immigration if they could stop the ILLEGAL immigration.

It is ironic people fight for "Justice" yet willfully undermine the cornerstone of the US legal system: The CITIZEN. The people that say that "Privilege" must be fought against because it is unfair are so willing to sink arguably the greatest privilege the world has known: United States Citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm not saying I believe Moore is innocent, I'd like to see him step down, and if there's evidence of a crime, let's have a trial.

But you cannot claim that everyone who gets accused of these things, is guilty. In some cases (rare, not rare enough) it's total fabrication, but the media doesn't care about the presumption of innocence when there's a sordid story.

I have no idea what the answer is here.
^^^^^ This. I am pretty confident that Moore is a SlimeyMallCruisingBastard and Franken is a hypocrite but while everyone justifiably grab's their Torches and PithForks, innoncent people will get smeared as targets of opportunity - it is a slippery slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

"but the cost of health care will go up if young healthy people are not forced to buy coverage"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: