View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #177
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What you call corporate greed will find ways to make profits off of products and systems that protect us from pollution. And all those other things as well. As long as we are able to protect and promote some form of free market, you won't have to worry about your pet rights disappearing. And free market competition will create constant innovation to make it cheaper and better.

On the other hand, if government bureaucratic geniuses regulate how, what, when, where and how much, in crony partnership with "greedy" corporations, costs will go up, innovation will go down, and we will need government assistance to pay for it all.
Please explain to me what products the top 100 are producing that we are buying, other than gas, oil, coal? So if regulation on the top polluters is lightened and they can stop investing in technology to keep up with ever tightening regulations to stem global warming, why would then not just increase their bottom line instead of spending that money to reduce emissions?

While your view on the open market is valid, I personally believe corporate greed is sometimes more of a driving factor, than investing in making a better product for the consumer. I've seen it first hand and while the company I worked for was small potatoes, their profits were in their pockets well ahead of improvements for the people making those profits go up.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...climate-change