View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 06:58 AM   #48
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Economists disagree whether or how much an influx of immigrants depresses wages"

They don't disagree, at least the honest ones, on the fact that they are a huge drain on the economy, and a huge drain on local resources (they need places to live, schools, medical care, police protection, etc). And they don't pay sufficient taxes to fund these things.

If I was born in Mexico or Central America I'd come here, no question. But we can't afford huge numbers of penniless, unskilled immigrants. And the more who come illegally, the fewer spots there are for people playing by the rules, waiting to come legally. That's grotesquely unfair to them. I have a friend who waited in Albania for 2+ years for his chance to come here, and we look the other way while people essentially cut him in line? It's not close to fair.
Jim if you pay only rent do you pay enought taxes for school police? you speak as if they don't work spend money any place most states get the majority from sales and property tax my town has kids in its school from other towns who get dropped off at grandma's.

Homeland Security raised the cap on H-2B visas for foreign guest workers from 66,000 visas per year to 81,000.

On Thursday — just three days later — Trump’s properties told the Department of Labor that they wanted approval to hire 76 guest workers us

Ask those who live on the cape about H 2B there's a brazillian of the working in the summer

So again they are not stealing jobs of depressing wages .. a 20cent hike in gas prices do more damage the avacodo and landscapers

There is no fair system comprehensive immigration may help but Republicans will never give up something that motivates their base
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 04-12-2019 at 07:07 AM..