View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #15
Clogston29
xxx

I agree that you should not have to tip the people who get cans. They should be paid as retail/hourly employees in my opinion but I really don't know what other breweries are doing and what the standard is, so its hard to say if Trillium really did anything that wrong. Glad they stepped up to fix it, though I think they may have gone too far with the pay for what the job and market is (most retail jobs do not pay that much). Some of the complaints read as entitlement and sour grapes to me. There are lots of people working much tougher jobs for much less pay and no one is forcing anyone to work at a brewery.

It always annoyed me that the tablet would pull up standard 15% and 20% tips for the retail employees. Like your expected to tip $20 for someone packaging up a case of beer? With the pay raises, I hope they swap out the system so it does not ask for tips for retail. Asking kind of makes it seem like its expected.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote