Thread: wicked tuna....
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #74
jasonsnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
been there done that...I'm 1 for 5 on snatched cod jigs....... and if I wasn't power drifting with men on board( and a small boat harpoon on board as well).. I'd be 0-for... I can't count how many times I've had mackerel meant for bass on a offshore ledge ( a mile off the beach) snatched by giants...it's never pretty...

Jason... it's hard to understand how fast a BFT can empty a 4/0 penn.. until you see it in person...even when the engine is running and you imediatly slam it in to gear.. alot has to go your way...... I chased/fought one on a jig with a 4/0 penn for 4 hours.. alone... with severe cramps, and soiled britches before the reel ceased to funtion.... I didnt know weather to laugh or cry when the line parted...most times it's over before you realize what happened...
roc....ya know i know chances are slim but what you described shure sounds fun! lol. I bet your 1st reaction was "i have the bass of a life time" i'm sure that thought only lasts a few seconds..... Like i said, i saw several tuna last year in our area...but ya i'm in the hunt for some used tuna gear. I'd like to have a few setups for those rare occations when i see them.
jasonsnova is offline   Reply With Quote