View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #106
zimmy

Included some data below that contradicts what you posted. Believe what you want or are told on the radio. I am not a climate expert, but I have significant time spent in dealing with climate and meteorology in academic settings and reading peer reviewed journal articles. I wouldn't claim to be an expert, but I do know what the literature says and what the overwhelming international science consensus is. There is not one national or international scientific organization that dismisses that the climate is presently warming. There are a very few percentage of scientists who disagree. That is a fact.

Here is the most recent info, provided by The WMO global temperature analysis is thus principally based on three complementary datasets. One is the combined dataset maintained by both the Hadley Centre of the UK Met Office and the Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, United Kingdom. Another dataset is maintained by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) under the United States Department of Commerce, and the third one is from the Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS) operated by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

“The 2010 data confirm the Earth’s significant long-term warming trend,” according to World Meteorological Organization chief Michel Jarraud. “The ten warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.”

Warming was most extreme this past year in two regions. The first covers most of Canada and Greenland, with mean temperatures for the year increasing by upwards of 3°C (5.4°F). The second region extends from northern Africa to the western portion of China, which saw increases between 1 and 3°C (1.8 and 5.4°F).

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.