View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #7
pbadad

You'll find plexiglas 1/8&1/4 is a great template. I must have 30 or templates made over the years. I either trace by hand an existing plug on the paper stuck to the plexi or use the duplicator to trace an existing plug. Remove the wire& hardware . Chick carefully in lathe not to wreck plug. Take a dowel and make a rounded point on 1 end. Slide into dupe where the cutter goes. Remove stylus and take a short pencil and put where stylus was. Adjust your wooden cutter to rub against the plug body and push down on prncil lightly to mark paper on plexi. As u turn the dupe handle , slightly push dupe cutter feed handle against plug. The dowel will follow plug OD and the pencil will mimic the outline and draw it on the paper. I use plexi about 2 1/2" wide by approx length of plug plus a couple longer. Cut out. I use a bandsaw. Dip below the nose and tail diameter to establish a plugs length then carry a slight angle back to outer edge of plexi. If u want to see a picture of some of my templates, let me know and ill put them on my laptop since we can't post pics from phone.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote