View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Smile Hi from Wellington New Zealand

This is a great site , found it last night . We are into sea fishing as there are only trout in New Zealands waterways , but on chatting to someone this morning I have been told that there arew BIG catfish that got released a few years ago in a couple of our bigger rivers . Dont know how big "big " is but I will find out . We live in Makara , a small rural village 10km from the Capital . Awesome fishing , and diving . Lots of Crayfish (boring to dive for but not bad eating) and when the water warms up (shortly) the pelagics start coming closer to shore . We fish off a 4.m aluminium pontoon boat and do very well . Our TARGET is snapper but they dont grow as big as the ones I googled you guys catch off the oilrigs . If anyone is heading our way give us a call , we are not pros , but can point you the right way , and if the weather is good we dont mind a tagalong . BTW anyone got a lefty curado 301 or similar they would be prepared to sell us ?? Will try to add photos , but have not worked out how yet , and the teenager computer guru is not home . Regards Hans
empirekitchen is offline   Reply With Quote