View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
FishermanTim

If you head up north to fish (NH)

Make sure you follow the rules (that means ALL the rules.

I was fishing up at my brother's neck of the woods this past weekend, and although I knew the rules, I let a momentary lapse of judgement get me in trouble.

I was fishing on Winnipesaukee Sunday on a remote corner of northern-most corner of the lake. I "forgot" that it's a 2 trap only lake (due to its trout fisheries designation) and I had two traps and was jigging for perch.
I didn't screw around with the F&G officer when he came over on his sled, and was VERY polite.
Apparently "on the water" offenses (year round activities) present the state with a "goose that lays golden eggs" when they have a huge tourist based income.

Bottom line is THEY DO NOT GIVE WARNINGS....EVER!!!!
I got a NH kiss to the back pocket for $86.60 (Love those odd number fine amounts).

Just be aware that they are out there and they will be watching!!!

My complaint is not so much about the fine, since I did break the rules and should have known better, but with the fact that they had designated the entire lake as a trout fishery but I have NEVER seen or heard of anyone catching a trout (any species) from that section of the lake.
To get to Moultonborough Bay from ANY place where they stock the trout would require the fish to pretty much grow legs and walk there!

OK, maybe my anger is fueled by the serious lack of ice!!!!!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote