View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

2018 PLUGFEST/TFCTFN combined Feb. 24th

Everyone,
It has been suggested that we combine the plugfest and the Too Friggan Cold To Fish Night and have both at once on the same day. I am fine with that as we can get more participation to them both this way. JohnR is up to his eyeballs in work so he has no time to plan the event so others need to step up and get the ball rolling.

As of right now Feb. 24th is available, that is a Saturday.
Monument Beach Sportsmans' Club hall in Bourne MA is where we had plugfest last year and I am a member so the rental is reasonable.

Rick, Guppy and I are discussing some of the finer points but by all means post any suggestions as we hash this event out.

It will be the usual potluck food and there is use of a kitchen, I have some chaffing trays but not that many so I will bring what I have.
I'm sure as we get closer Rick might start a food thread.

Does anyone have a microphone and loudspeaker?

Is anyone interested in doing a talk? about anything. PM one of us if you can or have a suggestion.

We will need and can use donations for the raffle table.
I was hoping Swimmer can come and handle the raffle tickets or Redcrabber and family if possible?

It would be nice to have some idea of headcount, I tried in the plug forum for a headcount for the plugfest but as expected got a few replies, the usual suspects but not a good idea of how many might come.
I'm not sure how long we can have this event or the hours but I do know that they can have a bartender available at a cost. I am guessing the added cost would wind up keeping the entry fee to about ten bucks or so. So I will need help with that part of the planning since this will be a daytime thing not a night event, maybe something like 9 to 4 or 5.
We can do plugfest stuff in the beginning and transition to the TFCTFN in the afternoon? Ending up with the raffle and be home at a decent time.
I don't think it is possible to do awards this year or a plug contest but we will have stuff, make a suggestion.

THANK YOU,
Bruce

Let's make Plugfest/TFCTFN Great again!
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote