Thread: obamacare
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #16
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
No one distorted reality in this thread. I posted the details, 3rd reply. But, all of this was HIDDEN in the healthcare bill. More sneaky crap they rammed in. most people are not aware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by american spirit View Post
is there any truth to the obamacare bill that plans to put a 3% tax on all home sales after 2012. that money would go to the government to be used for obamacare purposes. that's 12K on a 400K home. sounds like a lube job to me... if it's even true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
snopes.com: 3.8% Tax on Real Estate Transactions

pretty much true but once again, its only the "high earners" . you know the working population who Obama and the Dems keep targeting for all their $ solutions. As it keeps adding up, these high earners will only be keeping 40 cents for every dollar they make.
This is what is spread around the internet by the false alarmists

"Obamacare Tax on Home Sales. Imposes a 3.8 percent tax on home sales and other real estate transactions. Middle-income people must pay the full tax even if they are “rich” for only one day – the day they sell their house and buy a new one."

You can look at the version on snopes too.

Pretty much true?????? It is a entirely a distortion of reality. If a couple has a 500000 mortgage balance and sell their house for 1 million, they don't pay it. That is no where close to it being true about 3% on all home sales or 12k on a $400,000 home.

Lie's that incite anger amongst those who don't think. If someone is angry about a 3.8% tax on profits from a sale over 500,000, I have no beef with that. It is the anger from all of the distortions about what Obama has done that is f'd up. It is one after another after another. Kudo's to american spirit for checking to see if it is actually true.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.