View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #109
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Ok Scott, I am pretty much done with this thread for now. I don't really think it is worth my time to discuss this further with someone who is going to post graphs from Don Easterbrooks papers, when he has been conclusively shown to have altered the data. He was completely wrong with his predictions for the last decade, as well. You also bring Phil Jones quotes in... I followed that mess when it happened and he has clearly stated warming has occurred, but it is statistically difficult to establich significance over a short period of time. If you have ever taken statistics Scott, you will know that that is a mathematical issue because of the limited data set. 15 data points does not allow for significance. You are certainly free to think what you like.
you are wonderful at making vague unsubstantiated claims.....the only claim that you have attempted to back up with evidence to date is the 97% of 79 poll(which was kind of a joke).....tough to have a meaningful conversation with someone that simple states things as true with no evidence and then insults....very nice......for an informed person
Don Easterbrook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't need to defend Dr. Easterbrook but the most that I could find regarding your claim was a couple of bloggers suggesting that he was creative with graphs and data, I posted his a graphs as a response to your "it's changing" montra simply to point out that it's always changing....Dr. Easterbrook refutes the claims and as far as I know he is still in his position and while I don't think it's been definitively determined that he did so there have been plenty of instances of definitive screwing with data on the Hysterical Global Warming side of the ledger and that doesn't seem to concern you in the least?

MPS SLAM ‘SECRETIVE’ CLIMATEGATE PROBES

Labour MP Graham Stringer said Lord Oxburgh appeared to have a “conflict of interest”
Tuesday January 25,2011
By John Ingham
TWO inquiries into claims that scientists manipulated data about global warming were yesterday condemned by MPs as ineffective and too secretive.

The row, which became known as Climategate, erupted in 2009 over allegations that researchers had deliberately strengthened evidence suggesting human activity was to blame for rising temperatures.

MPs on the Science and Technology Committee have now concluded that both probes into the scandal had failed to “fully investigate” claims that scientists had deleted embarrassing emails.

Claims made in a 2007 report by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that the glaciers would be gone by 2035.

Although the head of the panel Dr Rajendra Pachauri later admitted the claim was an error gleaned from unchecked research, he maintained that global warming was melting the glaciers at "a rapid rate", threatening floods throughout north India.

The new study by scientists at the Universities of California and Potsdam has found that half of the glaciers in the Karakoram range, in the northwestern Himlaya, are in fact advancing and that global warming is not the deciding factor in whether a glacier survives or melts.

Himalayan glaciers spell trouble for climate scientists 27 Jan 2011

Dr Bodo Bookhagen, Dirk Scherler and Manfred Strecker studied 286 glaciers between the Hindu Kush on the Afghan-Pakistan border to Bhutan, taking in six areas.

Their report, published in the journal Nature Geoscience, found the key factor affecting their advance or retreat is the amount of debris – rocks and mud – strewn on their surface, not the general nature of climate change.

you quote Jarraud WMO and ignore the report
the Met Office....what was their forcast for this winter????
NASA....I think Hansen is attacking Obama most recently and has actually been proven to fabricate/transpose numbers
CRU...East Anglia??????

just sayin', you ignore a whole lot of issues out of hand with these others but end the entire conversation due to Dr. Easterbrooks????...think about it????

Last edited by scottw; 01-27-2011 at 10:24 PM..