View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Maybe give them a test to see if they have paid attention to ANYTHING going on in the world that isn't posted on ANY social media sites and is not hearsay or rehashing of someone else's rehashing of a tweet/post from same sites.

Being able to vote at an early age will also open up the doors to high school and then college indoctrination by whatever the school feels they have the right to drill into their heads.

It's a double-edged sword. Social/political responsibility but exposure to mentors who might have their own agenda....
Interesting, my kids have a better idea of what is real and not on social media than people my age. They are pretty quick to claim BS.

There are some old people on Twitter with lots of followers far older than children that consistently spread fake news.

(Not a pointed comment) Most of us have views that are pretty close to our parents and if you spend time with your children, yours will too. Eventually

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin