View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think Spence's questions re where is the outrage and still proud to be an American are just sarcastic references .
I got all of that..it was odd wording... to "still" be an American.. we know to read carefully when he writes something

"So we are concerned with our "leader" and his hypocrisies and manipulations and self interests and divisiveness, not with Putin's."

bingo

"No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage." putin

I'm outraged about this one...."no one"????....Spence could have authored some of these statements.....

don't know who watched or read the Speech, I only read...consider this paragraph, the one that Putin referred to...

"Our ideals and principles (the reals ones or your redefinition of them?) , as well as our national security (please esplain') , are at stake in Syria (really?), along with our leadership (from behind) of a world where we seek to ensure that the worst weapons will never be used (according to you they already have been used, you should never say never). America is not the world's policeman (we've heard this many times but you keep sticking your nose in things don't you?) . Terrible things happen across the globe (no way, when did this first dawn on you?), and it is beyond our means to right every wrong ( that's right,we're broke). But when, with modest effort and risk (pinprick?), we can stop children from being gassed to death and thereby make our own children safer over the long run ???, I believe we should act. That's what makes America different. That's what makes us exceptional. (THAT??)

anybody proud to still be a different, exceptional American?

On May 18, 2008 in Pendelton, Ore., Obama said that "strong countries and strong presidents talk to their adversaries. That’s what Kennedy did with Khrushchev. That’s what Reagan did with Gorbachev. That’s what Nixon did with Mao. I mean, think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, SYRIA — these countries are tiny, compared to the Soviet Union. They don’t pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us. And yet, we were willing to talk to the Soviet Union at the time when they were saying, ‘We’re going to wipe you off the planet.’ (I don't believe Gorby ever said anything like this)

"And ultimately, that direct engagement led to a series of measures that helped prevent nuclear war, and over time, allowed the kind of opening that brought down the Berlin Wall," Obama continued. "Now, that has to be the kind of approach that we take. You know, Iran, they spend one-one hundredth of what we spend on the military. If Iran SYRIA ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn’t stand a chance. And we should use that position of strength that we have, to be bold enough to go ahead and listen. That doesn’t mean we agree with them on everything. We might not compromise on any issues, but at least we should find out other areas of potential common interest, and we can reduce some of the tensions that has caused us so many problems around the world."

Pelosi, Kerry, Clinton, Obama...all close friends and big supporters of Assad...no one there that can "talk" to him or "listen" to him??

Last edited by scottw; 09-13-2013 at 06:22 AM..