View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the pompous, self-important cockiness of Canadian and European "World Leaders."

that's a comical statement seeing you dont mind Trumps pompous, self-important cockiness..

This incident speaks volumes more about Trump the thoses Leaders and how he has squandered American credibility you reap what you sow
I appreciate your "interpretation." But the fact is I know what I meant. You, apparently don't. Perhaps I was too subtle. Or perhaps your ideology sways your thinking.

The Pompous European "World Leader's" self-assured superiority allows themselves the license to mock others while they are blind to the clowns they themselves are. If they had the honesty and integrity and actual unity of more than fear but of purpose and common beliefs, they would not need the U.S. They could be the richest most powerful union on the planet.

Instead, they cower behind U.S. might while mocking us behind our back. Trump is no less egotistical than any of them, but he certainly is no more so. They like submissive American leaders who are willing to cow to, or are in line with, their supposedly clearer and more rational notions of how NATO and its European contingents are to function.

The fact is, it is Europe that has squandered its blood and treasure for centuries. And they still don't know how to unite against self destruction. That they need the U.S. to support them attests to their own weakness and ignorance. Whatever failures and weakness that NATO and the EU have is not the fault of the U.S. as much, if at all, as it is the fault of the Europeans themselves.

It is they who are reaping the fruits of their timidity, ignorance, and lack of cohesion. It is they who are the adolescents who don't know how to manage their affairs well enough to realize their potential.

If anything, Trump is scolding them to grow up.