View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Ahh Trump gets to be Arsonist (the press is the enemy of the American people )

And then Fireman (journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked.)

Trump has not advocated that journalists be attacked. This is a FAKE NEWS tactic.

I get it you have no issue with a sitting POTUS calling the free press the enemy of the people Do you even have a line he can't cross

Trump has done nothing to abridge the freedom of the press. He has every right to free speech as does the Press.

Donald J. Trumpagains✔
@realDonaldTrump
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

I agree that FAKE NEWS is an enemy of the American People. The Press has its speech constitutionally protected so that the people can be truthfully informed. When the Press uses its speech to influence the people to vote for its agenda by taking extreme liberties with the truth, exaggerating, lying, resorting to various forms of yellow journalism, it is, indeed, an enemy of the American people.

below sums it up nicely by David Malcolm

Trump’s thoughts and prayers are worthless at this point. It is sheer hypocrisy to suddenly care about journalists when you’ve spent over a year and a half denouncing and abusing them. Donald Trump is a liar and he hates the press because many are willing to call him out on his lies. They are willing to stand up to him and so, he decides to paint them as the enemy. In doing so, he is deliberately undermining the whole principle of the First Amendment, the right to freedom of speech.
Words are powerful things. As we’re seeing now, the language we use, and the language we allow to go unchallenged, can have far-reaching consequences for all of us.
As the author says, words are powerful things. And if the language of the FAKE NEWS is allowed to go unchallenged, it can have far reaching consequences for all of us.

Mr. Malcolm should know that. But, then, he most likely thinks that he and his are the purveyors of truth, and everyone else is a liar. That is a dangerous way to think. That is an enemy of the people