View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I see, you're going to defend shamless anti-American and anti-Military bigotry with a video clip from a hearing that resulted in no new findings.

So many articles and quotes and videos have been posted or linked about who said what lately, that I don't read most of them. If you're referring to some Trump supposedly anti-American or anti-military quotes, I am baffled by how and when you actually believe what Trump says. If he says something that sounds good, or pro-American or pro-Military, well, Trump lies, is not trustworthy, is a narcissist or megalomaniac, or whacked. If he says something that can, by some, especially those who hate him, be considered negative or anti-something, well then he is being truthful and revealing who he really is.

Rather than casting his words from your perspective and bias, you might actually comprehend them better by reading them from his perspective and motivation. Sarcasm, for instance (as well as you should know) is not from-the-heart-sincerity or belief. But if you wish to paint everything he says by the light of your own bias and motivation, that will be applauded by your choir, but you will all miss how the other choir hears his words. So your off the mark remarks will not influence that other choir. And someone in between will think you're both koo-koo.

I don't think most fair minded, or objective people think Trump is anti-American or anti-Military. If anything, many consider him to be too nationalist or militaristic. I think even you have expressed similar notions.

And no new findings are reiterated by all on this forum, including you. Being not new is not being irrelevant. Of course, from your perspective and bias old stuff that you don't like ain't no good. If you like it, it is.

If Trump is willing to attack military families to score points I think that pretty much proves nothing is off the table.

Again, I don't know what Trump quote, or "attack," your referring to. I suspect, from your pattern of misrepresenting his words, they can be "perceived" differently than how you portray them. But what is "off the table" for Hillary? Politics is dirty. I think Trump's observation of how the political game is played sways his methods. It seems that "nice" guys have a more difficult time winning.

What are you going to do when he comes after you? (this is semi-plagiarized but I can't remember who said it)
Niemoller. And you are misusing his words. I thought we are supposed to stop calling everyone we don't like Nazis. But if we must, Hillary is no less so. What are you gong to do when she comes after you?

It's not about personality in this election. They both have a problem there. If we don't get off that track, the important issues will be ignored.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-02-2016 at 12:04 AM..