View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 03:38 PM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you said that people
who run the economy, or drive gdp, or whatever, vote democrat.

the left is wealthier than. the right. i’m sorry if you don’t like that.

the wealthy getting wealthier isn’t “unsustainable”, except to morons like you who believe wealth is finite, who believes that they get wealthier by taking from us.

it’s not true. they create wealth. that’s why gdp increases.

liberals like to say wealth is finite. it’s stupid and a lie.

it does no one any harm if the wealthy get wealthier. in fact, it helps everyone else, because they pay some taxes, they spend some, they invest some, they give some
to charity. all of which lessens the burden on you,

make that wrong.

what “stress” does it put on anyone else, if oprah winfrey makes another million today? why does that make us less sustainable?

what planet do you live on?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The one that looks at history.

If you think that capitalism works best with fewer and fewer people controlling more and more assets you have never understood Adam Smith, Karl Marx, Totalitarianism or basic history. Capitalism is a force for innovation and ingenuity. Not a force for owning competition.

Every innovation in human society that led to economic growth has led to a class that wants to stop having the rules of the game apply to it so as to preserve their wealth, when in fact, there is more wealth for them in the system being healthy and not skewed in their favor.

The point is that unregulated capitalism is inherently bad for society as a whole and yet capitalism when tempered with social justice and govt regulation is a powerful engine that has done more for the human condition than any form of economic system.

The innovation that company’s like microsoft, google and facebook have stymied by buying their competitors can’t be calculated.

Just keep believing what you’re fed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin