View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're an actuary. There is a pretty good correlation between the states that have higher taxes and better education systems, where the people seem to live longer and now we know have a better chance of success.

You're a one trick pony - you only care about lower taxes. It benefits you bc you make enough that you can make up for the crappy schools, etc. in those red states where the better off have no empathy or compassion for those people who aren't as well off.
i high end mercedes is better than a honda accord. but to many people, it’s not worth the extra cost.

i’m nothing close to a one trick pony. i care about taxes and what you get in return. that’s what most people care about. and many are deciding that blue states aren’t worth the cost.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

taxes AND what you get in return. not just taxes. i don’t always lol for cheapest price. But most people
look for the best value. cost is one part of value, not the only part.

If you can’t concede that cost and benefit are two different things, you have issues.

Not just taxes. Taxes, combines with an honest discussion of what one gets in return.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-20-2022 at 08:53 AM..