View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 02:00 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"opportunities are much much better for the educated in the blues states"

Tell that to everyone working in Atlanta and Charlotte NC. You mean those blue cities?

Paul, there are places in red states where I'd NEVER want to live. But there are also places in red states that are very cheap and have a high quality of life. There are exactly zero places in blue states (that I know of) which are very cheap and offer a good quality of life for normal families.

Can you name one nice suburb in a liberal state, which has super low taxes and yet offers a high quality of life? Places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Dallas, etc??? I don't know of one single such place. Can you name any?

Historically, large companies had reasons to locate in big cities, which tend to be liberal. Nowadays, people and companies are making different choices.
You're asking about the liberal cities? They have some of the highest quality of life in the red states. NC is equally divided 1/3 R, D and Ind. The legislature is gerrymandered to be red.

You keep naming liberal cities and using those as examples of places with high quality of life but are unable to show red states that lead the country in the "good" (like Pete and I have) categories other than low taxes.