View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #14
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpoopoo View Post
1) we have a fairly large ocean separating us from china. unless they're all good swimmers, that's a huge supply line to maintain for a land-based assault. now, we know they've more or less infiltrated san francisco and hongcouver, but ...
it's not that big. for china yes. for russia/china no. (russia/chine to alaska and then down) turn hawaii into a depot, with half of our stuff watching russian subs and spread out in the gulf not much in the way.

i know american subs have quite a fire power cability. (and our carries have the fire power of an entire fleet) but we dont know what china has. just like how japan kept underground airfields. simple tricks often fool the smartest minds.. if 5 yr olds can get a riddle that geniuses cant solve then the chinese can hide things too.
Quote:
2) we have them by the balls, as it were. they're sitting on so much funny u.s. paper money (financing our current account and budget deficits) that all we have to do is stop paying interest on u.s. treasuries and they won't be so rich anymore. isn't it hysterical that china is financing our military budget and wartime spending?
yeah if they successfully invaded, they wouldn't need to be worried. they'd have tactical position. in fact, once we are gone. the americas are theirs. what south american country would resist? they need room to expand. and russia would sacrifice the americas to take europe and have us out of the way. korea and iran are pawns. i ran might get africa for a while and korea might geting the indonesia area.
but they are both to small to profit in the long run. they would be a distraction to keep the allies spread out.
AND they wouldnt be funding anyone.
Quote:
3) they'd starve. americans are fiercely protective of their pets.

Quote:
4) gun nuts are good. it was a harvard-schooled japanese admiral who said invasion of the mainland u.s. (right before pearl harbor) would be unwise, because "there is a rifle behind every blade of grass."
you forget at the time AMERICA WAS AMERICA!! kids played soldier in the street in large groups! parents allowed toy guns! they taught their kids the home land was moe important then anything else! they taught the ways of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
WE ARE ANYTHING BUT RIGHT NOW!!
we are more like the un-united states of who knows what continent! we've got immigrants who didnt legally bother to become citizens who would high tail it in a war. we arent allowed to arm ourselves anymore, for fear of the ""ghetto"" folk violating every sacred law in this country. (aka cop killing) we cant control our own peoples hatred of one another during wars. we fear other americans more than our enemies. most us dont even know who the enemy is anymore.
there is a serious overtone of oppression causing uprising, as opposed to ww2 when here was a sense of growing freedom for all.

i my self am convinced th biggest enemy is our rulers. they restrict our abilities to defend our homes. ya know what i got in the mail the other day? despite my failed physicals (shows how much they keep tabs) i got a marines recruitment book. ya wanna know what the big hook was these days?! A FREE T-SHIRT!! thats right not the pride of risking your life to save our country. not the pride of serving our country. not the benfits you or your family would receive. but a free T-SHIRT!!! now any decent american wouldnt need the t shirt or anything else.. but that is pretty freakin weak. basically states "die for you country and this shirt!"

and i hate to dis the country but this is how its been since nam. ww2 soldiers were heroes to this country.MAJOR national parades were thrown for those that came home alive. now your lucky if your town decides you are worthy of a welcome home. i have seen many go over and come back. with barely anything more than a party thrown by close friends and family.

the gov treats or troops like crap. we treat our troops like crap. most people dont even think what we are doing is right. me included. i can not support sending my fiends to die for political maneuvering.

how a country in that state is supposed to defend it self against a nation who is fully behind it's cause i dont know.

the only thing i can campare it too as bad as it it is. is yankees vs sox in 2004. the yankees being america and the sox begin every one else.
the yankees felt and easy win and security with not much passion mean while the sox felt 86 years of repression at their hands. and felt that they had an entire ""nation"" resting on their shoulders. fighting for people who CARED about if they won or not. and look how that turned out.

i know it horrible to compare a sport to war. but the determination and factors of trust love and loyalty all combine into the same momentum.

ok how about rocky 4. we can all relate to the determination and heart of rocky.

thats what we are up against!

and if you dont have that burning desire to win, you've already lost. and i fear we are losing that desire. we no longer have the eye of the tiger. as much as i wish we did. we dont. we let all of our selfish personal quarrels get in the way. we are a nation divided and a divided nation falls.

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965