View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Interesting, I'll have to tell my daughters that they can get paid to have babies. Or is this payment only available if you are black?
Moynihan did not just want to get rid of welfare, he wanted to replace it with a GAI of one type or another. This was proposed by Richard Nixon.
If I remember correctly, the no father requirement was a give back to conservatives to be able to pass the enabling legislation.
"I'll have to tell my daughters that they can get paid to have babies. Or is this payment only available if you are black?"

It's called welfare, maybe you have heard of it, perhaps not given your responses here. It applies to everyone who is poor. Blacks are poor in much higher numbers, also partly because of liberalism, because liberals want poor people to become addicted to welfare, so that they'll vote for whoever promises them the most.

Moynihan was a die-hard liberal who, unlike most diehard liberals, could still think rationally. That's why he has this one dire warning about liberalism, and no sane person would deny he was correct.

"If I remember correctly, the no father requirement was a give back to conservatives to be able to pass the enabling legislation"

I can't disprove that. I find it hard to believe the conservatives were asking for that, but I have no idea.