Thread: Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #92
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
please, please point out where i ever said that liberal politics is the only reason why people moving?

many people move just for the weather, or proximity to golf, work, etc. but politics is a part of it, a big part, because politics plays a big role in determining the cost of living of a place.

liberals want to pretend it has nothing to do with liberalism. i just point out that’s it’s part of it. i never came close to saying it’s 100% because of liberalism.

you say “it’s more than politics”, then say part of it is low taxes.

Earth to Wayne….low taxes primarily exist in places that are economically conservative.

do you really think that tax rates have nothing to do with whether or not a state is liberal or conservative?

think of the cheapest states to
live in, in terms of taxes. how many are solidly blue states? any?

“states with low taxes often give up services.”

correct. and americans are figuring out, that they’ll happily give up whatever those services are, to avoid taxes.

NH has no income tax or sales tax. i could move there and put an extra $1,000 in my pocket every month for the rest of my life. i don’t know what i’d be giving up exactly, in terms of services. my friends who have moved there from CT don’t feel like they gave up anything.

i think what you give up, is waste.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
please, please point out where i ever said that liberal politics is the only reason why people moving?

every post you make on the topic...