View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
There's this idea in today's world that if its not made in the US its made in China.You really can't lump Fein,Heckler and Koch,Toyota and Shimano with the "Made In China" crap,you just can't as all four make some of the finest products in their respective categories.When it comes to guns and power tools I have no issue buying German.When it comes to cars I have no issue buying Toyota.When it comes to fishing reels I buy Shimano.When an American company builds a better sander than my Fein,builds a better light truck than my Tacoma I'll be the first guy in line to buy American.

Guns are different.Germans and Americans make so much damn fine weaponry.An HK91 is an outstanding rifle.There's a reason Fabrigue Nationale exists(and makes our M16s)...the FAL and FNC are the some of the finest rifles on the planet.Fishing reels?Are there any made in the US anymore?Shimano reels are an outstanding product.

These are just a few of the products that simply put are superior in there performance.Other than that I try to buy as much American as I can.I'll never buy a Chinese made apple pie but I will buy their fireworks.
Well, the fact of the matter is, almost every Toyota sold in the US is built right here, by American workers. So you can feel extra special good about it.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote