View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #13
sokinwet

When I was 15 my parents, who never went out, were at the MA Bass Banquet (NO BS!), sis was babysitting and I was home alone watching Phantasmic Features on the tube. At a little past 12 the front door handle starts moving. I yell "who's there" and the person starts laying into the door hard. I sat on the 2nd floor stairway facing the door with the trusty Ithaca 20 ga.single pointed at the door and announced my intentions loudly. It was only then that my sis let me in on her little joke. I shook and cried for about 10 minutes....then beat the sh&t out of my big sister. I have no doubt if it had been a home invasion that I would have shot the perp. Being prior to the change in the MA Home Invasion Law I would probably still be in jail.! I don't know if these guys were right or wrong and won't judge them but if a 15 yr. old scared sh&tless kid can think twice before pulling the trigger I think a trained agent should be able to make the right decision..but...if you've never had your finger on the trigger pointing a gun at another person you'll never understand the magnitude of the decision.