View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'll ignore the insults. Realism - they broke the law and were sent to jail. They tried to cover their crime up by tampering with evidence. Why have laws if you don't think they apply to everyone? I don't think the guy they shot had a gun and their lives weren't threatened. It takes a special person to be a law enforcement officer and these 2 weren't special.
laws do not cover all circumstances which is why we have courts. This guy:
1. illegally crossed the border
2. Was carrying drugs
3. Tried to escape
4. Was caught AGAIN with drugs while he was testifying against the border patrol guards!

The "victim" was not shot in the head, he was not brutally murdered. he was shot in the ass. If this was a police matter, I'm not sure it would be a case, but because they were border patrol, the rules for them are different. Although they may have broken the law, the sentence was harsh. So you should ask yourself, harsh compared to what? Well, I read some of the postings of child molesters in my local library, a few guys, per their records were in jail for 3-4 yrs for raping a minor and now live freely in my town. If thats not a worse crime than the border guards, who risk their lives for our safety, I'm in the wrong country.
The law is the law, but we are advacned enough to have a court system to understand the circumstances and determine the best course of action. Somehow these guys were short changed in the court system.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all