View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 06:36 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Schumer had previously retracted his comments, saying from the Senate floor that he "should not have used the words [he] used" the day before.

"They didn't come out the way I intended to," the senator said in 2020. "My point was that there would be political consequences—political consequences—for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman's right to choose."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
he retracted it, after he said not to applause. Big whoop.

when republicans apologize, do you similarly forget the whole thing? I’d like to see that.

I never said he didn’t apologize. They always apologize after it blows up in their face.

I get you won’t like it if SCOTUS overturns Roe. But why is it legally erroneous to overturn it? your side rarely discusses that. Just because you don’t like the decision, doesn’t make it constitutionally wrong, and that’s literally all that matters to a judge.

Legislatures decide things based on what their constituents want. That doesn’t matter at all to a good judge, whose o my guide should be the constitution.

Even Ruth Bader Ginsuburg said the Roe decision had some
flaws. she didn’t want it overturned, but she said they were wrong in some places.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device