View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
A couple quick things in my mind - I'd like to go into more detail but I'm under the weather/cough medicine at the moment.

What we do/did right:
  • This is an event of peers. A community event for trading of knowledge and some wood to boot.
  • The competition is amazing and it does bring out some spectacular work, creativity, and some great humor. People are constantly raising the bar. A highly structured panel of experts, I think, would defeat the grass roots community feeling of Plug Fest.
  • The voting is done by one's peers. This is not Miss America or American Idol where a handful of people judge. It is the community that judges.
  • Selling: What Mike & Scott did was perfect. There was not supposed to be any other commercial selling, plugs or otherwise and I don't think anyone else had asked too.
  • Keep this a pretty much Grass Roots evet.

What we can do better:
  • Bigger space - that would have been tough in the other hall too
  • Plan better. Yes, we can plan a bit better and perhaps earlier. The help was fantastic and a team effort, we can a little more help and a little earlier planning.
  • Document better within some classes of the competition. Maybe next year we have a "form" that people fill out on the classics, better explaining the job and intent. I noticed this was lacking when I was getting handed paper bag after paper bag.
Plugfest has always been about this great plug building community of people in the northeast (and beyond). Lets keep it what it is, a community event, and not over complicate it.
Perfect. Thread Closed

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote