View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #22
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaro View Post
So I'm good to go whenever I fish in RI, CT, and MA right now. What about NY? it asked me where do i fish frequently. I clicked on NY because I am planning to fish in LI. Is it invalid in NY, especially Long Island marine water?
No, you are only good to go in Mass and RI. You will need a SW license from some state to fish CT. This year, because of the way the law is worded, there's a loophole that will allow you to fish in CT with a non-resident RI license. This will then cover you in CT, RI and Mass---this year.

You will not be covered in NY. You will have to buy a NY non-resident license. If you were a CT resident and had a CT license, you could fish LI Sound only on your CT license. As I read the NY law, they will not honor a CT non-resident license.

The Federal Registry is not a license--it's just that--a master list of recreational anglers. The Registry card will not allow you to fish in any state that requires a SW license this year, except for RI--as Piemma explained it.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote