View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Buy a home BP cuff (get an automatic arm one...not a wrist or finger cuff.. with a cuff to fit your arm....maybe large in your case) and check your BP at home sitting and standing @ midday after your meds. Checking first thing in the am when you get up can be misleading since BP is often highest then.

Sometimes BP is much higher in the MD office and you end up getting inadvertently over treated when your pressure is actually too low at home. Sometimes people have high BP supine or seated, but very low standing. Usually your doctor doesn't check for this so it gets missed and you feel like crap as meds are increased.

The main side effect of Rampril is not typically fatigue....it is a tickle cough. Fatigue is unusual unless your BP is too low (most common)....or sometimes if your BP was very high and has dropped too quickly (unusual). Occasionally Rampril (an ACE inhibitor) can cause high potassium or reversible kidney dysfunction (particularly in patients with blocked arteries to their kidneys) that could cause symptoms. Other BP meds, particularly the beta-blockers (such as metropolol, atenolol, nadalol, etc), are much more notorious for causing fatigue.

Thanks Doc, the cough I new about. Haven't had it yet. She said it might make me tired. I also read it may take three weeks to get my body acclimated. Wife has auto high blood pressure cuff, but it is on the small side. Tomorrow getting my own. We'll see.

So far the side effects are body weakness, and bone aches. 2 % of the prescribed patients get this as part of thier treatment. Haven't had any of the other stuff. The body aching is similar to having a 101 degree temp., while not devastating, surely uncomfortable.

I have come to the conclusion, at least so far, I am wussing out. I think if I at least belive that it'll get better quicker.

Last edited by Swimmer; 06-25-2012 at 10:02 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote