View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Short version there was 3-4 groups there, each doing something provocative to varying degrees. It ended with Chants and School buses, no arrests and nobody hurt. That's good these days, right? If Antifa had been there those kids would have been creamed. Because Antifa are the Good Nazis.
I'm not sure how beating a drum and singing a prayer is that provocative. I think the bigger risk was if the kids continued to get amped up and someone throws a water bottle or something at the Black Israelites and the place explodes. Watching the full video you can hear bystanders talking about a mob forming.

Quote:
As for Phillips, he seems to be a habitual protester, seeking to be seen or heard by plan. He is also being hailed by the media and as the aggrieved "Vietnam Vet". Apparently he went AWOL three times in his Marine service as a Refrigerator Mechanic, 72-76, before being discharged as a private. Never having gone overseas. I don't know what a Ranger Recon is but I don't think it was a ReferMech.
Well, he's an activist so I would assume he's into protesting.

Quote:
In his defense he has said he is a Vietnam "Time" veteran, and I do not think he has said ever he was a Vietnam veteran. That is something the media has likely assumed and carried with.
I don't think most people delineate between a Vietnam Veteran and a Vietnam Combat Veteran. Technically speaking if you were active duty and discharged honorably you're a Vet if you were in country or not.