Thread: The Antifa Myth
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #17
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You've been misled by the wacko media
Connor Betts, a misguided fool killed 9 people.
Patrick Crusius, another misguided fool killed 22 Mexicans in a Walmart and you're casting him as Antifa.
And Santino William Legan, another misguided fool killed three people at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
There's your 34 and here is the source for the number.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/dayton...t-mass-killer/
Do you really believe every disturbed kid is Antifa?
That people finding kindred misguided souls on social media is a conspiracy?
Next it will be that Charles Manson started Antifa and every wacko since has followed in his footsteps.
The white suburban misfits should just stay home, everybody would be happier.

November 2019

FBI Director Christopher Wray on domestic terrorism in America:
“The majority of racially motivated violent extremist attacks are fueled by some kind of white supremacy.”

No mention of “antifa”.

And now we haven't heard from Tweety for hours.

The White House, dark.

Tweetie's hiding in the basement.

Trump's advisors, panicked.

And what is Tweety worried about?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6m
“Trump” is leading in all swing states. Heavily biased Democrat Poll, just like 2016. Biggest “enthusiasm” lead ever!

The rest of the world can see how incompetent this administration is.
Sorry - was working off poorly remembered numbers on how many people Betts killed. The point is we KNOW people on the Left and Right currently and historically have used violence to sow chaos or oppress others.

Pete - is there anything wrong with the statement above?

I call out White Supremacists, Anti#^&#^&#^&#^&x, Neo Nazis, and Little Commie agitators. But so there is no lack of clarity I will spell it out for you:

When you are hard left or hard right and you are peacefully assembling in legal protest, I may not like what you say but I support your right to peacefully protest - as much as I hate what you are saying. When you take the reigns to injure your fellow citizens, burn, loot, and cause mayhem LEFT OR RIGHT

Pete - is there anything wrong with the statement above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe it's around 98%.

Antifa isn't a myth but I think its significance is vastly overstated. So John saw someone dressed in black on TV and Antifa is burning our communities down. Yea right. Everyone needs a boogeyman.

I'd note that the state governments are pointing to white nationalists, criminal gangs and international actors yet the primary issue is with Antifa? Just more putting politics ahead of the interests of the people.
Spence, Antifa / Black Bloc / Anarchists are the types that do this as do Neo Nazis and White Supremacists. The dem mayors and leadership in Minneapolis were saying White Supremacists were doing this. The President is saying it is Antifa. BOTH of them are doing it, and BOTH of them should be prosecuted. (See Wayne: both.)

Good to know, Jeff, that you are willing to over look them when they are on the left.

IF White Supremacists are cracking skulls and lighting up fires, they should be arrested and prosecuted.

IF Antifascists are cracking skulls and lighting up fires, they should be arrested and prosecuted.

See how that works?

Ideology does not trump actions. When you break the law you get judged by your peers - should not matter left or right.

https://wjla.com/news/local/richmond...y-night-antifa

And yes, some articles are listing Far Right Militia members in crows but they have not (yet) been arrested for causing mayhem (yet). In the next few days and weeks we may just see it and when they are arrested they should be prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
And to underline my position; We sorely need leadership in the current environment, covering the pandemic and the social response to Lloyd's murder. I support the right to protest peacefully. But I fully include all said protesters in the problem when violence, rioting, and looting occurs. And I further question their contribution to the spread of the Covid-19 virus by choosing to gather in protest during what science has called a worldwide pandemic. Guess we will see in two weeks when/if the numbers spike.
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
If you include all protesters in the problem based on the rioting and looting of a small number of people who have used the protests to shield their actions, what is your feeling about America’s police force given that a small number of its ranks use their badge to do things like abuse the public they have been entrusted to protect and serve? I don’t believe you can have it both ways here...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Police Unions are probably the number one thing protecting bad cops. Tell me how we get around that one?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: