View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Violent crime? i don't know. But certainly a disproportionate share.I agree, as I said a higher proportion A huge amount of brutal, violent crime, takes place in urban areas. Therefore, more cops will be there, than in the suburbs, and those cops in urban areas will be more tense, with valid reason.

we shoud be referring to socioeconomics, not race. When we give preferential admission to schools, or jobs, all the things that affirmative action targets - it should not be about race, but about socioeconomic status. I agree. Giving a black preference so they get into Harvard instead of say Cornell shouldn't be the goal of affirmative action.

And those cops usually get punished if there is a video. Look at the innocence project and how many people have gotten off after in many cases being arrested/convicted bc of police misconduct. On all those cases where there was video, what happened if they took place 10 years ago?. But they need to stop running away!!! Because very, very few cooperative blacks are killed by police. I agree, but the ones who don't cooperate should not be killed. Running away is not cause to be shot in the back or beaten (unless that is the sentence our courts determine under the law.

"there are still enough showing some wrong doing and they should be cause for alarm."

How many videos have you seen in the past year, which genuinely indicate that a cop committed murder? Three? Five? Out of millions and millions of police interactions with blacks?based on the reaction by blacks it seems like there are enough. Plus, I'm guessing from the blacks perspective, other things which are wrong happen day in and day out w/interactions w/the cops.

If that's "cause for alarm", then how should blacks react to other young black men, who are a jilllion times more likely to murder a black citizen, than a white copWhat does the actions of a criminal have to do with the actions of someone who is suppose to carry out the law?. I'd like to know, what percentage of black murder victims are killed by white cops, versus by young black men. Then we'll see what's true cause for alarm.I view that argument as somewhat of a false analogy.

[/url]!
NM