View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #34
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This is what people and the media have done in regards to Bush. Throw out an untruth, say it often enough, Bush won't defend himself, and it becomes fact. The fact is the workplace is safer now then 8 years ago.

As far as Obama goes, I agree with you.
As I've stated many many times:

Correlation does not imply causation.

I would 100% agree that the workplace is safer now than it was 8 years ago. However, I strongly disagree that Bush had a single thing to do with it.

8 years is a long time when you consider advances in safety equipment and processes. Also, we live in a litigation-happy society now (thanks to groups like the ACLU) and I know that alone has motivated employers to improve their safety records. In addition, OSHA has tightened their regulations and actually enforces some of them now instead of turning a blind eye.

Quote:
God forbid anyone dare defend Bush for protecting us. FYI. Obama will keep the same policies. BECAUSE THEY WORK
Taking the economy, unemployment rate, several reports that we're no safer from terrorists than we were 8 years ago, the last minute Executive Order taking science out of environmental policies and Bush's abysmal approval rating - I would have to disagree that any of Bush's policies have worked.

Last edited by JohnnyD; 01-17-2009 at 02:24 PM..