View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Strike_King

Spence
Great suggestions. In regard to dough..When I do make it,I go with either all white or a blend of white/white wheat. I've found that all wheat is a little too dense and heavy. The white/wheat blend is also easy to work with.Rolls out real nice. There have been many a day when I'm at work and get the craving for pizza. A trip to market or even Bertucci's for dough works just fine.
I tend to keep toppings simple. Whenever I use veggies (peppers, onions,eggplant etc) I do saute them or grill them before hand. As you said,cuts down on the cooking time on the grill. One of my favorites is a bruschetta pizza. Fresh chopped tomato (preferably from my garden), slivered garlic,fresh grated pecorino,extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil. Depends on who's over for dinner. And I generally go with the DOP tomatoes as well

Whatever the method of cooking,topping,dough etc..Pizza on the grill is tough to beat. Especially on a hot summer's night..Takes some trial and error and some experimentation,but that crunch is worth it..

@striperman36..give it a go. It produces a great end result...
Strike_King is offline   Reply With Quote