View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
Pete_G

I fished a test model VSB150S a good part of last fall and I've been using it from the boat this year. I've only used braid on it, 40# Power Pro.

It's a tough reel. They've moved the anti-reverse bearing into the handle so the engagement is much more postive and it's eliminated the flex in the drivetrain so it's likely this reel will be even more durable then the bailess models. You can even feel it when you fight fish.

Me being short the reel is often in the water and I fished it underwater intentionally a lot of time to see if any leaks would develop. Seems solid. Also I didn't rinse it off to see if any of the new parts were prone to corrosion. No corrosion.

The manual bail seems good, I haven't fallen on it or done anything like that but it feels strong. Functions like new as well despite the abuse and most importantly it has never flipped on me when casting.

I don't like the new style handle, but everyone else loves it. Feels good in the store, not so good in the water, but again that's just me.

I haven't fished it quite enough to know for sure, but the Titanium Nitride line roller seems to be holding up better, the old Ti only line roller on the bailess model probably would have had a barely noticeable groove by now.

I think that's it.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote