View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The super delegates are crap, they exist simply to help those entrenched in the Democratic Party to keep control.

Before the first lever was pulled in the primary, Sanders was already behind 402 delegates based on who declared their backing for each candidate.

That is rediculous......

I'm pretty sure this is the same party that was pissed because Gore won the popular vote but still lost the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
An honest man! And he's not a right-winger, either.

And in 2008, Hilary got more nationwide votes in the primaries. Obama won, because like what happened in 2000, the states he won had more delegates. There was talk of Hilary (mostly Bill) trying to get enough superdelegates at the convention to change the outcome, but it didn't happen.

I don't think Bernie will finish close enough to her, for this to matter. But as TDF says, when he has a huge deficit before it starts (just because his opponent is an insider), that changes who people donate to, it changes turnout and enthusiasm. It hurts Bernie in many ways. And everything about it, spits in the face of what this party claims to stand for.

Good post TDF.

Had lots of pinewood derby action the last few weeks, scouting at its most fun.