Thread: great site!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Big Wig

great site!

Hello all!

I just wanted to come in here and say hi. I found this place today and I've been browsing through some threads... this is a great forum!

About me...

Well, I fished the sweetwater a lot as a kid and played in the salt a bit in the early 90's when I had my 1st boat. All I ever did was troll for blues and fish for flounder... and drink beer LOL.

A couple years ago I got another boat because I wanted to raise my kids on the water the way I grew up. My son and I did a lot of bass fishing and we had a great time. I traded that boat last fall and moved up to a 20' CC so I can take him (and my daughter when I can talk her into it) out into the brine to catch some stripers! I basically know nothing so it might be awhile before his first keeper but I'll do my best.

I already have some questions and I'll post them in the appropriate forums but for now I'd like to show some pics - I hope you guys don't mind... I show these whenever I get the chance. Fishing with my kids is the greatest thing I've done!

my last boat - I'll miss it:

Brent's personal best smallmouth - 16":

a nice bucketmouth - he outfishes me EVERY time BTW:

the B-man with his gramps and his personal best largemouth - 19.5". This pics was in the Hawkeye!:

my new ride:

1st fish on the new boat. I know, it just a doggie but he caught it 30 seconds after he dropped his line... a chunk of clam on a flouder hook. He got a kick out of it:

Thanks for looking. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Jay
Big Wig is offline   Reply With Quote