View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
In a time of a completely destroyed economy, massive unemployment, an administration that hints more and more about increased action against Iran and tax law that is complete nonsense, Santorum chooses to focus on birth control, teaching creationism in schools and the government getting further and further involved with our personal lives.

I've said this before... Santorum is a front runner because he appeals to the religious fringe. Religious people in the US are passionate about their religious beliefs, not as much as those psychopathic Islam followers in the Middle East the riot and kill over a burnt book, but still passionate. That religious passion is the only reason Santorum is relevant today, but it's also the reason he would be completely destroyed in a general election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
More people are declared Independents now than either Dems or Repubs. Elections are won in the middle. Romney used to appeal somewhat to moderates but his lack of a spine has him pandering to the fringe and boasting "hey look! I can be conservative too".
And thus is the problem. Romney's lack of Spine or Obama's awful lack of focus.

So while Santorum works the extreme right, Romeny works all sides, Obama panders to the Left and puts "election" in front of doing what's best for the country. So while we are talking about contraceptives at religious organizations being paid for by insurance companies
for free, we are instead ignoring the 1.5 TRILLION per year Pachyderm in the room. That we are going into further and further in debt by 1.5 TRILLION per year should be the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY of this country. There will be NOBODY to bail us out in a short few years.

To quote my favorite Glassmaker: We. Are. Screwed.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: