View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If this happens involving 2a or 14a or 1st a
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, Thats how it works
its doubtful to ever happen..

It would have seemed impossible to happen when the Constitution was drafted and the Second Amendment was added. It is not deemed so impossible now. The Constitution has been amended 27 times, 17 times after the first 10.

I don't think the Framers would have thought it was possible to pass an amendment such as the 18th which prohibited the manufacture, sale, or transportation of alcoholic beverages. But alcohol consumption was characterized and demagogued (by Progressives) as a crisis which was a danger to the country. So enough bad press and political ranting changed the national sentiment to have enough votes for ratification.

And, enough votes were able to be garnered for the repeal the 18th Amendment with the 21st Amendment.

The same type of demagoguery and anti-gun press has been steadily but slowly, mounting (by Progressives) which, if all else fails to "control the epidemic of gun violence" as the mantra goes, there may come a tipping point in opinion which could provide the necessary votes for a new amendment which could repeal the Second.

I don't know if that is as unlikely as most think.

but if I listen to you its already has happen why say something that is untrue I can go buy a gun today why because its my right hasn't been taken as you keep suggesting !
Are you the one being untrue here, or did you merely misread what I said.? When did I say it already happened?