View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Saltheart

1) Depends on the beer. American rice beer is best ice cold. Any beer with real taste and body is better at "cellar" temps. Not warm but not ice cold either.

2)I disagree with the article. Bottled beer is better.

3) Draft beer must be fresh and dispensed through clean lines. I often get heartburn from the typical American rice beer served through less that clean lines. I'll take a bottle please. Fresh beer right at the microbrewery through a clean system is the exception.

4) Color has nothing to do with ale or lager. The difference is the yeast used and therefore the fermentation temp. Lagers are fermented colder by about 10 degrees or more. I love the crisp taste of lagers like pilsners. For darker beers , I think ales are as good or better because there are more ale yeasts to choose from to match the flavor profile you are going for.

5I agree with article. No corellation between beer color and alc content. However , if you brew a high alc beer , I think its easier to balance the taste of you have more unfermented dextrins so for high alc I like darker , full flavored beers.

6)Who knows?

7) If you drink enough and exercise too little you will get a belly. Of course that is the same with virtually all food and beverages

8)Beer should never be allowed to get "warm". Now Room temp is not "warm to me. Best bet is to get beer that has been kept at stable temps at or below about 65 degrees. Ideally , beer lives its whole life after brewing at about 50 degrees. Largers a little lower.

9) We have some great beer in the USA!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote