View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
Mr. Sandman

Mine has a little more luxury than that. A few years ago I tricked it up a bit....Mahogany space 5 X 7 or so L shape walk in, no door. Large rain shower head, standard shower mixing valve, single lever, an industrial style bilge light that I hooked up to a motion detector so it comes on when you walk in and goes off about 10 min after you leave. Mirror, for shaving. A load of shampoos, soaps, lotions, PI soap,hooks and a couple small shelves.
Taking a shower when it is cold is not a problem. The wind is blocked for the most part by the sides (there is some leakage but I have been out there 40mph winds in 38 deg and they were are not a problem. A couple times it was below freezing (but no wind) and it was still great.
During the summer it is great for kids/guests/dogs... but I take my shower at night... You look up at night at the stars on a cool night and it is great! You come back in and you feel fantastic. There is something about hot water on a cool night that is very refreshing. And my wife likes it because the bathroom stays clean
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote