View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #68
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I can care less, but he lied under oath in a case against him by another woman he was banging. That I have an issue with as a President and a lawyer.
Come on. Lying in a deposition? As a lawyer you should know better. When was the last time you remember anyone being prosecuted for perjury arising out of a deposition in a civil lawsuit? I'm no big fan of Slick Willie, but to waste all that money on a political show trial, where the outcome was a foregone conclusion, was more of a crime than what Cigar Boy did. The GOP knew that there was no way in hell that 2/3rds of the Senate would ever vote to convict and remove him from office. But they went ahead tilting at windmills--why? To damage a lame duck President who was within 2 years of the end of his term? Wasn't McCain one of the few Republicans who voted to acquit, after all?

"The adversarial system rests on the naive assumption that out of the battle of lies, the truth will somehow emerge". Not my quote, but it sums it up pretty well.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.