View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Before you guys get too far off topic, can I just remind everyone again that Jim got this story completely wrong. Hell if anything he should be praising the POTUS.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Obama said Obamacare would lower healthcare costs. true

Even his most staunch supporters, big labor, know that's not what's happening, so they complain. true

Reports are that the White House is looking at a proposal that would offer subsidies of $20 billion a year, to help union members, and only union members, pay for Obamacare premiums. true

This, from the guy who said that his election would end politics as usual? true

Spence, Paul S, any liberal here...please tell me why union members deserve this subsidy, and everyone else does not? If this isn't a classic Chicago-style payoff, what the heck is it? good question maybe Jim didn't know that the administration declined the request regretfully "A senior administration official said the White House looked at several ways to make the union plans eligible for subsidies but couldn’t find one." but they tried real hard

Labor officials met privately with President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Labor Secretary Tom Perez on Friday afternoon to press their case that the Affordable Care Act will have consequences for the benefits of union employees. wow...a private audience, they must be special!

How long, O Lord? true

Last edited by scottw; 09-21-2013 at 06:18 PM..