View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I doubt that Wharton figured out what all corporate taxes were, they did a model based on typical numbers and came up with a projection.
Not perfect but they came up with more than 50% reduction which matches the decrease in taxes paid to date.

I was probably asking when you were answering
So you're surmising that your withholding is correct based on some free advice from a CPA and you'll find out in March.
I'm surmising based on (1) my payroll department told me this would be the case, and because that's how payroll departments handle changes in tax rates, and (2) MY CPA, not some random CPA, did an estimate of my 2018 taxes, using the new rates and what I could tell him about my income for this year, and my refund was actually $200 larger than the refund I got last year, on top of my withholding being $200 a month less. He actually put the numbers into a tax spreadsheet, he didn't just guess out of thin air.

I won't know for sure, I can't know for sure, until I do my taxes. I am certain that my refund won't be $2400 less than last year, due to my withholding $2400 less. That's not how it works.