View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Many of the factors were out of our hands (global economy, younger folks not as inclined to drive and are moving back to urban areas where they use mass transit). However Pres. Obama has increased the CAFE standards (over the objections of the Repubs.). I'm using less gas bc of the higher milage my car is getting. Had the Pres. not pushed for the higher standards, pushing the car manuf. to increase the average miles/gal. we'd be using more gas. In addition, didn't he get some of the gas guzzlers off the road 6 years ago?

What policies did he propose that have hurt fracking? I don't know of any that either helped or hurt fracking.

I'm pretty confident in saying that there is no single American who uses more "oil" than O....he may have pushed for all of these things and not "hurt" fracking........

this explains a lot

NY Times : " President Obama has strongly endorsed the new(fracking) production as a boon to the economy and energy security. And the president, under intense criticism of his energy policies from Republicans and oil industry officials as he faces a re-election contest, has recently taken steps to ease government regulation of oil operations."

but none of the vehicles he drives in or flies on adhere to any of these standards and he certainly hasn't curtailed and of his own travel....pretty amusing when you think of it....

classic...

A squadron of 1,700 private jets are rumbling into Davos, Switzerland, this week to discuss global warming and other issues as the annual World Economic Forum gets underway.

The influx of private jets is so great, the Swiss Armed Forces has been forced to open up a military air base for the first time ever to absorb all the super rich flying their private jets into the event, reports Newsweek.

“Decision-makers meeting in Davos must focus on ways to reduce climate risk while building more efficient, cleaner, and lower-carbon economies,” former Mexican president Felipe Calderon told USA Today.

Davos, which has become a playground of sorts for the global elite, is expected to feature at least 40 heads of state and 2,500 top business executives. Former Vice President-turned-carbon billionaire Al Gore and rapper Pharrell Williams will be there as well; each plans to discuss global warming and recycling respectively.